Dr. Gedamu & Associates accepts the following insurance plans:
- Anthem BCBS
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield - Excluding Davis Vision
- CareFirst Federal Employees' Plan (For medical care only)
- FEP blue
- Medicare (Medical care only)
- Optimum Choice
- United Healthcare (accepted) Note- We do not take UnitedHealthcare Vision (formerly Specterra)
- VSP (OPEN ACCESS PROVIDER)*
- Many others…
**Note-- We do not take Davis Vision plan.
Please check with your insurance plan if you need to obtain a referral from your Primary Care doctor, especially for medical eyecare. Although referrals are not usually required for routine eye exams, HMO plans require you to get a referral before you get medical eyecare for injuries, diseases and emergency office visits.
*To accommodate our patients with VSP out-of-network benefits (a majority of plans have it), we will only charge you your in-network co-pay and file with VSP for the balance ourselves. That is, you will pay only as much as you would at an in-network office. Call for more info.