Dr. Tewodros Gedamu & Associates Re-Opening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
We also ask for you cooperation as follows:
- Let us know, in advance, if you have had any exposure to Corona virus or if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19. We will require physician’s clearance in these cases. We may ask you to leave if you are showing signs like coughing, fever, or other flu-like symptoms.
- Please print, fill out and sign any necessary forms that we will send to you in advance. You can email them back or bring them with you on your appointment date.
- Being on time for your appointment is ESPECIALLY important. Late comers will create a schedule clash that may cause presence of more people in the office than allowed.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Please come by yourself. Only scheduled patients (for that particular time) are allowed in the office. We will allow one accompanying adult per minor and a caregiver for those who may need it.
- Some procedures that require excessive closeness will only be performed when absolutely necessary.
- To avoid a very close retina examination with the doctor, we are offering retina photo/ scan at a reduced rate. We encourage you to take advantage of this technology.
We are implementing safety measures per CDC guidelines as follows:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the reception area.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front desk.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use. You are welcome to bring your own.
- As always, all equipment contact points will be disinfected after each use.
- Waiting area will be arranged for proper distancing and cleaned frequently, with emphasis on high-touch areas.
- Our staff and doctors will use all recommended personal protective equipment and wash their hands between each encounter.
- All magazines and reading materials have been removed.
- All practice members are obligated to report any exposure to diagnosed individuals and their temperature is tested each day they report to work.
- Discussion with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.